How do you hide multiple rows in Excel?
Hide Rows and Columns
NOTE: To hide multiple rows, select the rows first by clicking and dragging over the range of rows you want to hide, and then right-click on the selected rows and select “Hide”. You can select non-sequential rows by pressing “Ctrl” as you click on the row numbers for the rows you want to select.
What is the shortcut to highlight rows in Excel?
Use Shortcut Keys to Select Rows
- Click on a worksheet cell in the row to be selected to make it the active cell.
- Press and hold the Shift key on the keyboard.
- Press and release the Spacebar key on the keyboard. Shift+Spacebar.
- Release the Shift key.
- All cells in the selected row are highlighted; including the row header.
What is the shortcut to unhide multiple rows in Excel?
Press Ctrl + Shift + 9 to unhide all rows or Ctrl + Shift + 0 (zero) to unhide all columns. If this doesn’t work, then right-click on a row or column identifier and select Unhide.
How do you hide rows on a spreadsheet?
Tap and hold the row you want to hide. On the menu that appears above the selected row, tap the three vertical dots and choose “Hide row.”
Why is Excel not Unhiding rows?
If you select all the rows and click ‘unhide’ and they do not show up, then they are filtered and not hidden. Click the Sort & Filter button on the Home tab of the ribbon and then click ‘clear’. … On the Home tab, click on the Format icon Choose Hide & Unhide from the dropdown menu then select Unhide Rows.
Does hiding rows in Excel slow it down?
It slows down because between Excel 2003 (in which you could this and it would NOT be slow) to Excel 2007, they increased the row limit to 1 million rows. So when you are hiding 900,000 rows, it just seems to slow it down (as opposed to like, 50,000 in 2003).
How do I hide rows in Excel based on cell value?
Using Filters to Hide Rows based on Cell Value
- Select the working area of your dataset.
- From the Data tab, select the Filter button. …
- You should now see a small arrow button on every cell of the header row.
- These buttons are meant to help you filter your cells.
What is the quick key to highlighting a column?
#1 – Select Entire Row or Column
Shift+Space is the keyboard shortcut to select an entire row. Ctrl+Space is the keyboard shortcut to select an entire column.
How do I select rows in Excel based on criteria?
Highlight Rows Based on a Number Criteria
- Select the entire dataset (A2:F17 in this example).
- Click the Home tab.
- In the Styles group, click on Conditional Formatting.
- Click on ‘New Rules’.
- In the ‘New Formatting Rule’ dialog box, click on ‘Use a formula to determine which cells to format’.
What is the shortcut to select rows in Excel?
Select one or more rows and columns
Or click on any cell in the column and then press Ctrl + Space. Select the row number to select the entire row. Or click on any cell in the row and then press Shift + Space. To select non-adjacent rows or columns, hold Ctrl and select the row or column numbers.
How do I unhide all rows at once?
Click the symbol to select the whole sheet. Now Right click anywhere on the mouse to view options. Select Unhide option to unhide all the rows at once. As you can see all the hidden rows now.
How do you unhide multiple rows?
If you notice that several rows are missing, you can unhide all of the rows by doing the following:
- Hold down Ctrl (Windows) or ⌘ Command (Mac) while clicking the row number above the hidden rows and the row number below the hidden rows.
- Right-click one of the selected row numbers.
- Click Unhide in the drop-down menu.
How do I unhide multiple rows in Excel 2016?
Excel 2016: Unhide Rows or Columns
- Select the columns or rows that are before and after the one you would like to unhide.
- Select the “Home” tab.
- In the “Cells” area, select “Format” > “Hide & Unhide” > “Unhide Columns” or “Unhide Rows” as desired.
- The column or row should now be unhidden.