What is a female surfer called?
There is no specific term for a female surfer. You can call a girl who surfs just “surfer”, although, there are terms like gurfer, wahine that are used to refer to a female surfer.
What are nicknames for surfers?
The 17 Best Nicknames in Surfing
- Peter “Condor” Mel.
- Grant “Twiggy” Baker. …
- Ken “Skindog” Collins. …
- Kolohe “Brother” Andino. …
- Sebastian “Seabass” Zietz. …
- Dean “Dingo” Morrison. …
- Adrian “Ace” Buchan. …
- Mick “White Lightning” Fanning. Platinum blonde locks – check. …
What do you say to a surfer?
These ten words will make you an expert surfer in any surf chat:
- Awesome: exaggerate whenever you can – the wave was awesome, the ride was awesome, the surfboard is awesome, and you look awesome;
- Cool: surfers are usually cool, so be cool and spread coolness – that’s cool, it sounds cool, and it looks pretty cool;
What do surfers call each other?
A fellow surfer; friend; companion. If you’ve caught a wave with a board, standing, kneeling or body then you’re one.
What’s a good surfer name?
Awesome Surfer Names
- Aqua (Latin origin), meaning “water”, is one of the most popular surfer names for a baby.
- Arena (Spanish origin) meaning “sand”.
- Bolger (Norwegian origin) meaning “waves”.
- Homok (Hungarian origin) meaning “sand”.
- Ibishi (Zulu origin) meaning “beach”.
- Ilma (Maltese origin) meaning “water”.
What does Kook mean in surfing?
Kook, noun. Pronunciation: kük : An individual with no understanding of the social and sartorial norms of surfing. In the water, a kook’s cluelessness can aggravate or endanger other surfers; on occasion, kooks can even be recognized solely by the faux pas they commit out of the ocean.
What does ripping mean in surfing?
ripping (v) – surfing very well. wipeout (n) – the act of falling off one’s surfboard. eat it (v) – to fall off one’s surfboard. hang ten (v) – to hang all of one’s toes off the front of a surfboard while longboarding.
What does backdoor mean in surfing?
Backdoor. To backdoor a wave is to take off behind the peak of a hollow wave and surf through the barrel to the other side of the peak. The usual/easier take off is to take on the peak or further down the shoulder.