How much does it cost to dive in Sipadan?
Sipadan-Mabul Diving Package
|Days / Nights||Price Per Diver (Twin Share)||Price Per Non-Diver (Twin Share)|
|6 days / 5 nights||US$ 1,516.00||US$ 1,111.00|
|7 days / 6 nights||US$ 1,749.00||US$ 1,321.00|
|8 days / 7 nights||US$ 1,981.00||US$ 1,530.00|
|9 days / 8 nights||US$ 2,214.00||US$ 1,739.00|
Can you snorkel in Sipadan?
our favourite snorkeling spots
Sipadan is not only for divers! In fact, many of the famous sights at Sipadan can be seen whilst snorkeling. The residential school of thousands of jackfish usually hangs out just below the surface, perfect for snorkelling and freediving.
How much should I tip my dive instructor?
If you tip based on the price of the dive, a tip of 10-15% of the price seems to be the norm. Obviously you can tip more or less depending on the level of service you received.
Can you stay on Sipadan Island?
Sipadan Island Diving
Today you can not stay on Sipadan Island, most of the resorts are located on Mabul and Kapalai islands an hour or so away by boat. A permit is required to dive around the island and this is strictly policed by armed guards.
How do I get to Sipadan?
How to get to Sipadan?
- Firstly, you need to fly from Kuala Lumpur (3 hours flight) or Kota Kinabalu in Borneo (55 min flight) to Tawau.
- Once you have reached Tawau’s airport, you need to get to Semporna, which takes a little less than a two hours by car.
What is the most dangerous type of scuba diving?
The 10 Most Dangerous SCUBA Dives in the World
- Cenote Esqueleto (the Temple of Doom)—Tulum, Mexico. …
- Samaesan Hole—Samaesan Bay, Thailand. …
- Devil’s Cave System—Ginnie Springs, Fla. …
- Blue Hole—Lighthouse Reef, Belize. …
- The Shaft Sinkhole—Mount Gambier, Australia. …
- Coco’s Island—Costa Rica. …
- Eagle’s Nest Sinkhole—Weeki Wachee, Fla.
Where is the warmest place to scuba dive?
Three Warm-Water Scuba Diving Destinations
- Riviera Maya – including Cancun and Playa del Carmen – is a popular destination for gorgeous beaches and plenty of nightlife, and for divers, the Underwater Museum can’t be missed. …
- Cozumel, home to the Splendid Toadfish (above) is another great locale in Mexico.