Can you dry wetsuit in dryer?
You can dry wetsuits by hanging them up (using a padded hanger) in a well-ventilated place out of the sunlight. … Never put a wetsuit in a commercial tumble dryer. These are too hot and will damage the synthetic neoprene rubber.
Can you spin dry wetsuits?
Kiran: You can put them in a washing machine as long as you only use it to spin them out. It’s no worse that taking a tumble in the water. Don’t put any detergent in. Also, turn the suit inside out when its drying, that way the bit closest to your body is going to be dryer first.
What is the best way to dry a wet suit?
Take a plastic hanger, slide the top or bottom of the suit through, and hang it doubled-up, inside-out in the shower or the garage. Or somewhere in the shade if you absolutely must hang it outside. 3) Turn the suit inside out each day until it’s dry.
How do you wash and dry a wetsuit?
The steps for cleaning your wetsuit are simple:
- Get a wetsuit cleaner and a tub of cool water; then stir in the cleaner.
- Open all the wetsuit zippers, turn it inside out and submerge it.
- Knead the cleaner into the suit and let it sit for a while.
- Thoroughly rinse it with cool water and hang it up to dry.
Can I put my wetsuit in the washing machine?
Don’t wash your wetsuit in the washing machine! Or, dry it in the dryer! Or, use bleach, clothes washing detergent, stain remover, fabric softener, olive oil, jet fuel etc. And, don’t iron your wetsuit either!
Should you rinse your wetsuit?
Wetsuits are made with neoprene, and both hot water and salt can cause the neoprene to lose its flexibility. So even if you think your wetsuit “seems” nice and clean after you get changed, rinse it anyway. Leaving it covered in salt water can shorten its life. And make sure you rinse the inside as well as the outside.
How fast does neoprene dry?
Thicker winter wetsuits usually take around 12 hours to dry in the shade whereas a thinner, summer wetsuit in warmer weather can dry in just a few hours. Although it’s fastest to dry your suit in the sun, this will void the warranty, so resist the temptation.
What can I clean my wetsuit with?
1. CLEANING THE WETSUIT
- Duration: 10 minutes.
- Materials: Water, pH neutral soap.
- Clear the wetsuit using fresh water to remove any excess salt water or chlorine.
- Apply a small amount of pH neutral soap to the wetsuit and gently rub the wetsuit panels.
- Rinse the neoprene to remove any remaining soap.