How much do crime divers make?
Salary Ranges for Police Divers
The salaries of Police Divers in the US range from $68,369 to $96,734 , with a median salary of $77,107 . The middle 57% of Police Divers makes between $77,107 and $83,601, with the top 86% making $96,734.
How do you become a forensic diver?
To enroll in the PADI Underwater Crime Scene Investigator course, you must be:
- 18 years or older.
- A PADI Search & Recovery Diver.
- A PADI Public Safety Search & Recovery Diver.
- A PADI Public Safety Diver.
How long does it take to become a police diver?
Police divers need to have been police officers for at least two years before applying to become a diver. Divers are only required by police forces with an underwater search unit. They must pass fitness, medical and swimming tests.
How much money do deep sea divers make?
Generally speaking, saturation divers can make up to $30,000 – $45,000 per month. Annually, this can add up to over $180,000. A unique salary addition for saturation divers is “depth pay,” which can pay out an additional $1- $4 per foot. We should note that depth pay is for air and mixed gas diving.
What do police scuba divers do?
Police divers are state-recognized, sworn in police officers who carry out investigations underwater. Just like an above-water detective, police divers are often tasked with investigating and retrieving evidence for cases, carrying out search operations, and even disposing of bombs.
What divers make the most money?
Top Jobs in Scuba Diving
- Underwater Photographer. Salary: $35,000 – $60,000.
- Golf Ball Diver. Salary: $36,000-55,000.
- Commercial Diving. Salary: $54,750 – $93,910.
- Marine Archaeologist. Salary: $39,000 – $72,000.
- Public Safety Diver. Salary: $39,000.
Do divers make good money?
Divers make a national average salary of $49,602 per year according to Indeed Salaries where salary averages are frequently updated. Your salary as a diver depends on a variety of factors, such as your geographic location, your employer, your experience level and the type of diving you do.
What is the highest paid diving job?
Highest Paying Commercial Diving Jobs & Careers
- HAZMAT Diving: Considered one of the dirtiest jobs in commercial diving, HAZMAT commercial diving offers great compensation including benefits an average salary of over $58,000. …
- Saturation Diving: …
- Nuclear Diving: …
- Off-Shore Commercial Diving: