Do divers make good money?
Divers make a national average salary of $49,602 per year according to Indeed Salaries where salary averages are frequently updated. Your salary as a diver depends on a variety of factors, such as your geographic location, your employer, your experience level and the type of diving you do.
How much does a diver get paid per year?
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, commercial divers and underwater welders have a mean (average) hourly wage of $26.32, while the mean annual wage is approximately $54,750.
How much do police divers make UK?
Experienced commercial, armed forces or police divers may earn between £22,500 and £40,000 a year. Top saturation divers working in the North Sea could earn as much as £150,000 a year.
What is the highest paid diving job?
Highest Paying Commercial Diving Jobs & Careers
- HAZMAT Diving: Considered one of the dirtiest jobs in commercial diving, HAZMAT commercial diving offers great compensation including benefits an average salary of over $58,000. …
- Saturation Diving: …
- Nuclear Diving: …
- Off-Shore Commercial Diving:
What divers make the most money?
Top Jobs in Scuba Diving
- Underwater Photographer. Salary: $35,000 – $60,000.
- Golf Ball Diver. Salary: $36,000-55,000.
- Commercial Diving. Salary: $54,750 – $93,910.
- Marine Archaeologist. Salary: $39,000 – $72,000.
- Public Safety Diver. Salary: $39,000.
How much do divers make an hour?
Geographic profile for this occupation:
|State||Employment (1)||Hourly mean wage|
How deep do oil rig divers go?
Saturation diving is based on the principle that the pressure of the dissolved gas in the blood and tissues is the same as that of the gas in the lungs. Basically, a diver goes down to a depth, perhaps 300 feet, and remains there until no more gas can dissolve in the tissues — the tissues are saturated with nitrogen.
How do I get a job as a divemaster?
Becoming a Divemaster
You need to be a Rescue Diver with over 40 dives under your belt to apply. To qualify as a Divemaster, you must have completed the required course, be a rescue diver and have at least 60 logged dives. Nothing else except a great personality is needed!