How do you make a row of data in Excel?
Transpose (rotate) data from rows to columns or vice versa
- Select the range of data you want to rearrange, including any row or column labels, and press Ctrl+C. …
- Choose a new location in the worksheet where you want to paste the transposed table, ensuring that there is plenty of room to paste your data.
How do I make Excel cells the same width and height?
Under the Home tab, select ‘Format‘ (from the Cells group). Select ‘Column Width’ and enter the size to which you want to set all the columns in the small ‘Column Width’ window that appears. Set the row height for the selected cells.
What is the shortcut to convert rows to columns in Excel?
How to use the macro to convert row to column
- Open the target worksheet, press Alt + F8, select the TransposeColumnsRows macro, and click Run.
- Select the range that you want to transpose and click OK:
- Select the upper left cell of the destination range and click OK:
How do I Unpivot columns to rows in Excel?
Select the columns you wish to unpivot. You can either hold CTRL while clicking them individually or click the left-most column, hold SHIFT and click the right-most column. Right-click one of the column headings you’ve selected to pull up an options menu. Click the Unpivot columns…
How do I automatically number rows in Excel without dragging?
The regular way of doing this is: Enter 1 in cell A1. Enter 2 in cell A2. Select both the cells and drag it down using the fill handle.
Quickly Fill Numbers in Cells without Dragging
- Enter 1 in cell A1.
- Go to Home –> Editing –> Fill –> Series.
- In the Series dialogue box, make the following selections: …
- Click OK.
How do I add and delete rows in Excel?
Insert or delete a row
- Select any cell within the row, then go to Home > Insert > Insert Sheet Rows or Delete Sheet Rows.
- Alternatively, right-click the row number, and then select Insert or Delete.
What is the shortcut to make all rows the same size in Excel?
Another way to adjust the height of an entire row in any version of Excel is topress Shift+Spacebar, and then press Shift+F10, which displays the Context menu (see screenshot at right). To change the Row Height, press R.
How do I make Excel cells 1 inch?
Below are the steps to make sure Excel uses inches as the unit to measure column width and row height:
- Click the File tab.
- Click on Options.
- In the Excel Options dialog box, click on Advanced in the left pane.
- Scroll down and come to the Display section.
- Click on the ‘Ruler Units’ drop-down and select ‘Inches’
- Click OK.