Do you wear shoes when white water rafting?
The best shoes to wear white water rafting are Tevas, Chocos or water shoes that won’t be ruined when they get wet. White water shoes should be comfortable to wear without socks, stay on your feet even in fast flowing water, and provide protection to the soles of your feet while carrying the raft.
What do you wear to the river?
To keep yourself warmer and dryer, wear athletic fabrics (like polyester, neoprene, spandex or anything Quick-Dry). NO COTTON! It’s a great option for a t-shirt or long-sleeve, but cotton on the river gets wet and stays wet, which can keep you cold.
Is river rafting safe for non swimmers?
Most river rafting companies will not take non-swimmers on these types of trips. … All participants will need to paddle together through the harder rapids in order for the raft to safely negotiate them. Well the answer, for the safety of the non-swimmer and everyone else on the trip, is unfortunately no.
How do you pack for a river rafting trip?
Packing for a Rafting Trip – What to Bring
- Good River Shoes. The cheap slip-on things and flip-flops just don’t cut it when it comes to walking on slippery river rocks. …
- Lotion. …
- Extra Plastic Bag for Wet Clothes. …
- Emergen-C (or whatever you use to boost your immune system) …
- Tape. …
- Camp ‘Slippers’ …
- Small Ground Blanket. …
How do you stay warm in white water rafting?
For rafting in colder weather, we strongly recommend:
- Wetsuits, splash jackets, and river shoes (available complimentary at our office); a swimsuit and synthetic layers to wear underneath your wetsuit.
- Synthetic layers to wear under your splash jacket, such as fleece that will continue to keep you warm while wet…
What is the highest class for white water rafting?
- Class 1 and 2 are float trips.
- Class 3 is a typical beginner level for rafting.
- Class 4 is intermediate to advanced and good for adventure rafters.
- Class 5 is advanced and recommended only for experienced rafters.
- Class 6 is unrunnable by most people and presents an extreme level of danger.
Is white water rafting safe?
Statistically Rafting Is Extremely Safe
Of course there’s no guarantee that any activity is one hundred percent safe, but compared to other activities whitewater rafting is generally considered safe. Statistically, there are fewer fatalities each year for whitewater rafting than recreational swimming or even bicycling.
Is polyester good for river rafting?
Most rafting experts will tell you that cotton clothing has a tendency to get wet and stay wet. That’s why it’s important to wear materials like wool, fleece, polyester, or any waterproof or quick drying fabric.
What shoes should I wear river tubing?
1. TENNIS SHOES, AQUA-SHOES, RIVER SANDALS with Straps or other secure footwear are needed to protect your feet against sharp objects, cuts, scrapes, bruises and the rocky and often slippery river bottom while walking to and from the entry/exit points for River Tubing and other points along the way.