What you wear while you’re whitewater rafting and what equipment you’ll need?
Short sleeve or long sleeve synthetic shirt for warm days. Long sleeve microfleece or warmer synthetic layer up top for cooler days. Secure footwear (no flip flops) like sport sandals, tennis shoes, or water shoes. **Be sure everything you wear is synthetic material like nylon, not cotton**
What is the rafting season in Colorado?
Colorado’s whitewater rafting season runs from late April through mid September. We recommend guests looking for the ultimate Colorado whitewater rafting experience to book a trip from June – August, though early and late season conditions can still be a ton of fun!
What is the highest class for white water rafting?
- Class 1 and 2 are float trips.
- Class 3 is a typical beginner level for rafting.
- Class 4 is intermediate to advanced and good for adventure rafters.
- Class 5 is advanced and recommended only for experienced rafters.
- Class 6 is unrunnable by most people and presents an extreme level of danger.
Is white water rafting safe?
Statistically Rafting Is Extremely Safe
Of course there’s no guarantee that any activity is one hundred percent safe, but compared to other activities whitewater rafting is generally considered safe. Statistically, there are fewer fatalities each year for whitewater rafting than recreational swimming or even bicycling.
What do I need for a rafting trip?
Packing for a Rafting Trip – What to Bring
- Good River Shoes. The cheap slip-on things and flip-flops just don’t cut it when it comes to walking on slippery river rocks. …
- Lotion. …
- Extra Plastic Bag for Wet Clothes. …
- Emergen-C (or whatever you use to boost your immune system) …
- Tape. …
- Camp ‘Slippers’ …
- Small Ground Blanket. …
Is it better to go rafting in the morning or afternoon?
Morning rafting trips can be cooler but tend to have clearer weather and the river is less crowded than in the afternoon, when it can be warm but windy.
How much does it cost to go white water rafting in Colorado?
Day Rafting Trips:
Full Day (5+ hrs) white water rafting costs = $65 – $110 per person (full day trips typically include lunch) Half Day (2-4 hrs) white water rafting costs = $30 – $65 per person.
What is the best time of year to raft the Colorado River?
The best time to raft in Colorado is between May – September. It’s possible to raft in Colorado starting in the early spring all the way through early fall, and the best trip for you could fall at anytime throughout depending on what experience you are looking for on the river.