What can I use to clean my wetsuit?
Materials: Water, pH neutral soap.
- Clear the wetsuit using fresh water to remove any excess salt water or chlorine.
- Apply a small amount of pH neutral soap to the wetsuit and gently rub the wetsuit panels.
- Rinse the neoprene to remove any remaining soap.
How do you clean a stinky wetsuit?
FAQ: How do I clean a stinky wetsuit?
- Give it a hot rinse. This is the most important part of regular pong prevention. …
- Hang it in the shade. After rinsing, hang your suit to dry on a thick wooden or plastic hanger, preferably one specially made for wetsuits. …
- Soap the suit. Every once in a while give your suit a shampoo.
Can you machine wash a wetsuit?
Can I use a washing machine to clean my wetsuit? … Washing machines damage neoprene so, if you must, do need to make sure you only use a slow spin cycle and a cool wash. Don’t put anything else in with the wetsuit that could damage it whilst the machine is spinning.
How do you clean a second hand wetsuit?
As soon as you can, soak your wetsuit in cold or lukewarm fresh water (hot water can cause the suit to lose flexibility) with a mild solution of baking soda or wetsuit shampoo. using a mild detergent will keep the neoprene from taking on an odor. soak for about 30 minutes.
How do you clean a wetsuit with vinegar?
Pour a few cups of vinegar into the bathtub or a big bucket, then chase it 10-20 drops of whatever essential oil you picked. Throw your suit in the tub with your vinegar/oil combination, then smash it around with a paddle, your hands, or a stick. Let it soak for half an hour, then rinse it thoroughly again.
Why does neoprene smell bad?
If your wetsuit is exceptionally malodorous, there are two possible reasons for the stench: Leaving your wetsuit in a bag, a bin, or any other closed environment and not washing it after use; or. Sweat, body oils, and odors coming from the body.
Should you wash a wetsuit?
Most of the time, rinsing your wetsuit with fresh water and thoroughly drying it will keep your wetsuit fresh and odor free. But if your wetsuit gets smelly, wash your wetsuit in a tub of fresh, warm water (not hot). Use one of the special wetsuit soaps or a small amount of baby shampoo.
How do you wash a new wetsuit?
How to Clean a Wetsuit
- Get a wetsuit cleaner and a tub of cool water; then stir in the cleaner.
- Open all the wetsuit zippers, turn it inside out and submerge it.
- Knead the cleaner into the suit and let it sit for a while.
- Thoroughly rinse it with cool water and hang it up to dry.
How long does a wetsuit take to dry?
Drying Your Wetsuit
Ideally, you will dry your wetsuit in two stages. After it has been washed, hang it to dry, so the outside of the suit dries. After about 24 hours or so, it is time to dry out the inside of the wetsuit.
Should I dry my wetsuit inside out?
Just like rinsing, you should dry both the inside and the outside of your wetsuit. But start with the inside first. (If you hit the beach again before the wetsuit is completely dry, at least the inside won’t be damp.) Get a strong, wide hanger and drape the wetsuit over the hanger by its waist.
How do you clean a wetsuit with baking soda?
Baking soda is also very effective. Simply add 2 cups to the water, circulate the suit so that it is fully exposed to the baking soda, let it sit for a while and then rinse it off.
How do you soak a wetsuit?
Soak It. As soon as you can, soak your wetsuit in cold or lukewarm fresh water (hot water can cause the suit to lose flexibility) with a mild solution of baking soda or wetsuit shampoo. using a mild detergent will keep the neoprene from taking on an odor. soak for about 30 minutes.