How do I swap data between two cells in Excel?
- Select the right-most cell you want to swap (in this case, cell D3).
- Press Ctrl+X. …
- Select the left-most cell you want to swap (in this case, cell C3).
- Press Ctrl++ (that’s Ctrl plus the plus sign, which is the same as pressing Shift+Ctrl+=).
What is the shortcut to convert rows to columns in Excel?
Convert rows to columns in Excel using Paste Special
To quickly select the whole table, i.e. all the cells with data in a spreadsheet, press Ctrl + Home and then Ctrl + Shift + End.
Which is row and column?
Rows are a group of cells arranged horizontally to provide uniformity. … Columns are a group of cells aligned vertically, and they run from top to bottom.
How do I get rows to columns in SQL?
In SQL Server you can use the PIVOT function to transform the data from rows to columns: select Firstname, Amount, PostalCode, LastName, AccountNumber from ( select value, columnname from yourtable ) d pivot ( max(value) for columnname in (Firstname, Amount, PostalCode, LastName, AccountNumber) ) piv; See Demo.
What is the shortcut to shift cells in Excel?
Ctrl + Shift + “+” + I: Shifts cells right to insert cell. Ctrl + Shift + “+” + D: Shift cells down to insert cell.
How do you swap columns?
Swap Two Columns Using Keyboard Shortcuts
- Click on any cells in a column.
- Hold Ctrl + Space to highlight the entire column.
- Press Ctrl + X to ‘Cut’ it.
- Select the column that you want to swap with the first one.
- Hold Ctrl + Space again to highlight it.
- Hold Ctrl + the Plus Sign (+) on the numeric keypad.