How do you become a river rafting guide?
All River Guides Must:
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Have current 1st Aid and CPR cards.
- Be physically fit.
- Be available to work a minimum of two summer seasons.
- Attend our annual training clinic and pre-train on every river.
- Live in Buena Vista, CO for the summer.
How much does a rafting guide make?
What Is The Average River Rafting Guide Salary? The average river rafting guide salary is $26,204 per year, or $12.6 per hour, in the United States. People on the lower end of that spectrum, the bottom 10% to be exact, make roughly $16,000 a year, while the top 10% makes $40,000.
How long does it take to become a white water rafting guide?
It’s not possible to become a “qualified raft guide” in 6 days or even 2 weeks. We believe it takes a minimum of 6 long days spent on and off the water for students to learn and get comfortable with the very basics. After that, it’s all about river time on the guide stick to get the confidence you need.
Is being a rafting guide hard?
Learning to be a raft guide is hard, but actually being a raft guide is harder. It’s not just the obvious skills that make the difference between a mediocre guide and a great one.
How do I get a job as a river guide?
6 Easy Steps to Land Your Dream Job as River Guide
- 1) Fall in Love. Find a river near you and dive in. …
- 2) Take a Guided Trip. Look up the guided outfitters on the river you love, and book a trip. …
- 3) Get in Shape. The rowing machine at the gym is your new best friend. …
- 4) Get Certified. …
- 5) Go to Guide School. …
- 6) Wear a Smile.
How much does a kayak guide make?
How much does a Kayak Tour Guide in United States make? The highest salary for a Kayak Tour Guide in United States is $72,495 per year. The lowest salary for a Kayak Tour Guide in United States is $24,643 per year.
How much do river guides make in West Virginia?
While ZipRecruiter is seeing salaries as high as $61,027 and as low as $13,826, the majority of River Guide salaries currently range between $20,501 (25th percentile) to $42,909 (75th percentile) with top earners (90th percentile) making $51,014 annually in West Virginia.
How do you become a guide to the Grand Canyon?
Freelance requirements are:
- must have work on the river in 2021.
- must have all your medical requirements and other guide certifications fulfilled as specified by Grand Canyon National Park, OR,
- you must be a licensed guide on another river, actively working towards becoming a guide in Grand Canyon.
How do I become a white water rafting guide in Colorado?
New rafting guides must meet Colorado’s state whitewater rafting guiding standards before they’re allowed to guide trips commercially. The minimum Colorado standards include having 50 hours of certified training, First-Aid training certification, and CPR training certification.
How do you become a canoe guide?
- RCABC LW Paddler Level 1 and 2 certificate (or proof of equivalent experience or certification)
- Successful completion of RCABC Day Guide Course (1 day)
- Proof of current 16hr First Aid or Wilderness First Aid.
- Endorsements (Optional) – Moving Water, Ocean Canoe, Big Canoe and SUP Paddler.