What are surf wax combs for?
An essential surfing accessory for when you hit the water, our collection of Surfboard Wax and Wax Combs give you the grip and traction you need when riding a wave. … Designed for high-performance surfing, board wax and wax combs are fundamental for your outdoor over water adventure.
What do you do with a wax comb?
To texture the wax surface, the wax comb can be used to scrape long lines in the wax. Most surfers accomplish this by dragging the comb edge of this tool along the top of the board, creating a diagonal criss-cross pattern. Kiteboards may also need maintenance with a wax comb.
What can I use instead of surf wax?
What Can I Use Instead of Wax? (3 Alternatives)
- Full Board Trackpad. You may have seen some surfers using a pad near the back of their board. …
- Cork Traction Pads. Similar to an EVA full board trackpad, a cork traction pad is a sustainable and eco-friendly alternative. …
- Sticky Surfboard Grip Pads.
What is the best surf wax to use?
The Best Surf Wax
- Mr. Zogs Original Sex Wax Surf Wax.
- Mr. Zog’s Sex Wax Quick Humps Surf Wax.
- Sticky Bumps Original Board Surf Wax.
- Double Barrel Surf Wax.
- Matuna’s Surf Wax.
Do you wax the top or bottom of a surfboard? You need to wax the top of your surfboard, particularly where you will be standing and moving. Don’t wax the bottom of your surfboard, as it won’t help you – it might even slow you down in the water!
Why do surfers wear wetsuits?
Wetsuits are usually worn by swimmers, divers, or surfers who swim in cold water. Wetsuits insulate the swimmers, or help them retain body heat. This, in turn, helps the swimmers avoid hypothermia, a dangerously low body temperature. … Body heat warms the layer of trapped water and helps keep the wearer warm.