How do you pack for a river rafting trip?
Packing for a Rafting Trip – What to Bring
- Good River Shoes. The cheap slip-on things and flip-flops just don’t cut it when it comes to walking on slippery river rocks. …
- Lotion. …
- Extra Plastic Bag for Wet Clothes. …
- Emergen-C (or whatever you use to boost your immune system) …
- Tape. …
- Camp ‘Slippers’ …
- Small Ground Blanket. …
What should I wear on a rafting trip?
Sport sandals that strap on, tennis shoes, and water shoes all work very well. Flip flops are NOT recommended. SWIMSUIT to wear under wetsuit -or- to wear with personal nylon SHORTS OR PANTS. Quick-dry fabrics work best; avoid cotton, as it retains water and will make you cold on the river.
What I wish I brought on my rafting trip?
What I wish I brought on my Grand Canyon rafting trip
- Lotion – You are in a very dry desert! …
- Many socks – Socks are very critical to healthy feet and are a good relief from the constant sand.
- Slip on shoes – Make sure they are okay to get wet. …
- Extra hair ties – I keep at least one in my pfd.
Can you bring a backpack white water rafting?
We can provide guests with two waterproof bags to carry all their gear. This includes a 16″ × 2′ bag for sleeping gear and clothes, as well as a smaller day bag to access on the raft during the floats.
Are Crocs good for white water rafting?
If you pick the right shoes, they’ll stay on your feet. … Inappropriate shoes to wear when white water rafting include flip flops, crocs, high heels, and cowboy boots.
Is white water rafting safe?
Statistically Rafting Is Extremely Safe
Of course there’s no guarantee that any activity is one hundred percent safe, but compared to other activities whitewater rafting is generally considered safe. Statistically, there are fewer fatalities each year for whitewater rafting than recreational swimming or even bicycling.
Is polyester good for rafting?
Most rafting experts will tell you that cotton clothing has a tendency to get wet and stay wet. That’s why it’s important to wear materials like wool, fleece, polyester, or any waterproof or quick drying fabric.
What do you need for rafting in the Grand Canyon?
What to Bring on the Grand Canyon
- Nylon shorts.
- Long sleeve cotton shirt (for sun protection)
- Long cotton pants (if you sunburn easily)
- Sun hat or visor with tie-on.
- Sunglasses with strap.
- Two-piece rainsuit.