How much can you make as a raft guide?
What Is The Average River Rafting Guide Salary? The average river rafting guide salary is $26,204 per year, or $12.6 per hour, in the United States. People on the lower end of that spectrum, the bottom 10% to be exact, make roughly $16,000 a year, while the top 10% makes $40,000.
How do you become a raft guide?
All River Guides Must:
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Have current 1st Aid and CPR cards.
- Be physically fit.
- Be available to work a minimum of two summer seasons.
- Attend our annual training clinic and pre-train on every river.
- Live in Buena Vista, CO for the summer.
How much does a raft guide make in Colorado?
How much does a River Guide make in Colorado? While ZipRecruiter is seeing salaries as high as $60,126 and as low as $13,623, the majority of River Guide salaries currently range between $20,198 (25th percentile) to $42,276 (75th percentile) with top earners (90th percentile) making $50,262 annually in Colorado.
How much do river guides make in West Virginia?
While ZipRecruiter is seeing salaries as high as $61,027 and as low as $13,826, the majority of River Guide salaries currently range between $20,501 (25th percentile) to $42,909 (75th percentile) with top earners (90th percentile) making $51,014 annually in West Virginia.
Is being a rafting guide hard?
Learning to be a raft guide is hard, but actually being a raft guide is harder. It’s not just the obvious skills that make the difference between a mediocre guide and a great one.
How long does it take to become a raft guide?
It’s not possible to become a “qualified raft guide” in 6 days or even 2 weeks. We believe it takes a minimum of 6 long days spent on and off the water for students to learn and get comfortable with the very basics. After that, it’s all about river time on the guide stick to get the confidence you need.
How do I get a job as a river guide?
6 Easy Steps to Land Your Dream Job as River Guide
- 1) Fall in Love. Find a river near you and dive in. …
- 2) Take a Guided Trip. Look up the guided outfitters on the river you love, and book a trip. …
- 3) Get in Shape. The rowing machine at the gym is your new best friend. …
- 4) Get Certified. …
- 5) Go to Guide School. …
- 6) Wear a Smile.
How do I get better at rafting?
10 Whitewater Rafting Safety Tips
- Choose a licensed and professional rafting outfitter. …
- Always wear a life jacket, or personal flotation device (PFD). …
- Be safe and comfortable. …
- Make sure you have the right outerwear for the day. …
- Hold the paddle properly. …
- Stay in the boat! …
- Know the proper swimming techniques.
How much does a kayak guide make?
How much does a Kayak Tour Guide in United States make? The highest salary for a Kayak Tour Guide in United States is $72,495 per year. The lowest salary for a Kayak Tour Guide in United States is $24,643 per year.
How do I become a white water rafting guide in West Virginia?
Trainees must be over the age of 18, certified in First Aid and CPR, working to become a qualified commercial whitewater raft guide for their potential rafting company employer. The minimum standards are set by the West Virginia Department of Natural Resources.